The keyboard case is compatible with both the PinePhone and PinePhone Pro and features a clam-shell design. It uses pogo pins located on the smartphone’s midsection and attaches by replacing the default back cover. This add-on effectively turns the PinePhone (Pro) into a PDA with an in-built LTE modem.
The keyboard case is supported by multiple mobile Linux operating systems including, but not limited to: Manjaro Linux, DanctNIX Arch Linux, postmarketOS and Mobian.
The keyboard case’s main features include:
- Easily relocated keycaps for alternate layouts such as AZERTY or QWERTZ (Default)
- A large (6000mAh) internal battery capable of charging the PinePhone (Pro); the battery can be manually toggled ON/OFF
- A programmable open firmware by Megi
- USB-C port capable of simultaneously charging the keyboard case and PinePhone (Pro)
- Access to all external PinePhone (Pro) features and functionality
- An understated and unbranded design; chassis are gloss black while the keycaps are dark matte gray
Video showcasing the keyboard by Martijn Braam